Sunday 11 January 2015

What can music do to you?

What can music do to you? When do you listen to music? How often?
Obviously it does not really matter what type of music you like. It could be ordinary pop, classic, metal, hard-rock, hip-hop, alternative and so on, it just DOES NOT MATTER! My main question is what can music do to you?
I don't want to sound as a cliche and say that music is my passion, although it is kind of. However one of my deepest disappointments and regrets is that I am not able to play any music instruments and my singing abilities are only good for my shower audience. Oh yes almost forgotten, I am a brilliant to singer in the car as well, although I am not so sure that my boyfriend agrees with this statement. 

What can a good song (again it is very individual and each of us has personal opinion for one the song is good for other it is total rubbish) can do to you? For me for example listening to some of Sam Smith's songs is like traveling to a different world. When I listen to his song, I am completely with him, seeing the whole story he is telling me with his magic voice which is melting like butter. I don't know may be I do sound like a mad person, but this is just how I feel. I have impression that I am sinking into the song and I become completely oblivious to the things around me. That is actually not too good especially when you are on a busy London street and trying to cross the road, but I do try to be careful and not so neglectful. 
Another positive thing about music  it that it helps me with my housework. Sometimes I just switch my music player and start cleaning or cooking. Surprisingly I do tend to be more productive when I listen to music. 

Can music heal? We all know it can. Millions of broken hearts resorted to beautiful songs. Moreover sometimes a certain song helps you to understand that you are not alone in this huge world and may be your feelings are overwhelming right now but there is somebody else out there with the same story and somehow it is comforting to know. 

Please forgive me if my post seems a bit odd but I was  just sitting today  listening to some of my favorite songs and suddenly an idea came to my mind: why not to write about how I feel. May be out there is somebody who is as crazy as me. :) I could probably waffle a lot more but I should really end here.
One last thing please forgive me for my not so perfect English as it is obviously not my first language so I make mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment